Here is the full recipe for lemon garlic grilled chicken wings that are a must-try. And we promise you will get hooked on the flavours and also the easy method.
Prep Time: 1 hour 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hour 40 min
Serving: 2 to 4
For Grilled Wings:
|1||Chicken Wings||2 pounds|
|2||Garlic Cloves (Crushed or Minced)||3|
|3||Lemon Zest (Peeled or Finely Grated lemon will also work)||1 lemon|
|4||Lemon Juice||1/4 cup|
|5||Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
|6||Dijon mustard||1 tablespoon|
|7||Kosher Salt or Course Salt||1/2 teaspoon|
|8||Red Pepper Flakes||1/2 teaspoon|
|9||Fresh Ground Black Pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|10||Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grano Padano Cheese (grated)||Optional as per taste|
Creamy Dipping Sauce:
|2||Dijon Mustard||2 teaspoons|
|3||Fresh Lemon Juice||2 teaspoons|
|4||Hot Sauce||3-6 dashes as per taste|
|5||Salt and Pepper||Optional as per taste|
Quick Tip: For a gas grill, you can use both sides of the burners. There are few gas grills under $300 which has 2-burner system. First turn the heat high to preheat the burners. Then slow down the heat on one side to slow cook the wings. Simultaneously use the other side to finish on a high heat for the crunchy texture. If you are using a charcoal grill, you can do a half and half division- use half side to stack up more charcoals for more heat and the other half with less charcoals can be the one where you start slow grilling your chicken. After the fat has rendered, you can move these wings to the other side.
Directions to Cook
- Mix garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, kosher salt. Red pepper flakes and fresh ground black pepper.
- Put this in a resealable or marination plastic bag.
- Add chicken wings in this mix and seal the bag.
- Put it away for the flavours to infuse for at least an hour or overnight.
Grill Chicken Wings
- Prepare the grill for low heat cooking.
- Take one chicken piece each and put it in the grill, skin side up.
- Cover grill and cook for 10 minutes till the fat from the chicken has rendered. At this point, the instant read thermometer will show around 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After the fat has rendered, turn up the heat to direct flame. And grill the chicken wings again while constantly swapping sides.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes till the chicken has turned golden brown and is a little charred.
Finishing and Dressing
- Make the dipping sauce by combining mayonnaise, dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Dust the grilled chicken wings with parmesan cheese as per taste.
- Serve alongside the dipping sauce.
So, do not wait more and start prepping for your next grilled chicken wings party right now. Let us know how much you enjoyed our recipe in the comment section below.