Though there’s nothing simpler or more delicious than fresh grilled salmon, in this version of it the sauce is really what makes the dish. It’s rich, tasty — and made entirely out of ingredients you probably already have on hand. Tips for grilling salmon follow, so you can whip this up for dinner any time. The recipe comes to us from the Iris Inn Bed & Breakfast in Waynesboro, Virginia. This modern facility is a great place to launch sightseeing trips to the area’s many attractions, or just sit on your private deck and enjoy the mountain views. Iris Inn also features a bottomless cookie jar.
If you’re looking for a quicker way to make salmon, try these Easy Salmon Fillets.
- ½ lb. Butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 Tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Brush on salmon when grilling or broiling.
- For grilling, cook a 1/2-inch fillet eight minutes, turning once. For an inch-thick steak, cook 10 minutes, turning once. Do not overcook.