We are two months into our newest feature, Best B&B Bites, and unsurprisingly all of the recipes thus far have been breakfast items. With this column based on the tastiest recipes from bed & breakfasts, dishes from the morning make a good deal of sense. However, many B&Bs serve more than just breakfast. Most feature an afternoon tea or cocktail hour, and a good portion offer lunch and dinner dining. This week we are pleased to share our first dinner recipe.
Roasted Red Pepper Linguini comes to us courtesy of Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, which is located in Logan, Ohio. This inn has a restaurant on premises, which serves a delightful menu of gourmet fare. They have kindly shared their recipe for this delicious pasta entrée.
- ½ lb. dried roasted red pepper linguini
- ½ cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 lb. fresh wild mushrooms, cleaned and cut down, if large
- 12 oz. baby spinach
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Asiago, grated
- ook the pasta according to directions on the package.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add about 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan.
- Place the mushroom in the pan to sauté and caramelize, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sweet peas and spinach and toss a couple of times, then add the pasta when it is al dente.
- Add another 2-3 tablespoons of oil at this point, season and serve with Asiago sprinkled on top.