From ancient China to the present day, just a few ingredients are as popular and used on a daily basis in the world as rice. It is one of the best allies in the kitchen when you need quick, simple dishes to sat¡sfy everyone’s taste.
Even if inspiration is not your thing, rice is so grateful that, most of the time, it will make you look good.
Any preparation in which rice is one of the ingredients is usually liked by most people and, of course, by children, regardless if it is a modest white-rice dish with tomato or a full land and sea paella, everyone enjoys rice.
Mexico, Spain, China, whatever country you can think of… There is no cuisine in the world that does not have rice-based dishes in its culinary repertoire.
Why add rice to your daily diet?
Rice is one of the most consumed foods in the world, and this is due to the fact that besides being affordable, it is a product that has the property of mixing very well with any other ingredients.
Besides, you can’t dismiss the nutritional properties of this fantastic cereal. Even people who suffer from gluten intolerance tend to consider it an excellent alternative food for their health. It is rich in carbohydrates, so it provides high amounts of energy, making it an essential staple in the diet of athletes.
This millenary food is even healthier when taken in its integral version and dozens of different varieties can be found in stores: short, long, round, wild, steamed, black, red, purple, basmati… which makes rice a food with incredible culinary properties.
The most versatile and easy-to-cook food
Rice by itself is really simple to make, it can be prepared in a huge number of ways and everybody always has at least one variety in their pantry. Rice is a great lifesaver for those days – and nights, mostly – when inspiration, the fridge, time, or all of them fail.
Rice gives a lot of play in the kitchen, and you can prepare from an exquisite rice dish with lobster to a delicious rice cake with it, there is almost anything you can’t make with rice.
If you like rice and want to save some time in the kitchen either because you want to sleep a little longer, or you are in a hurry… or whatever the reason might be.
Egg fried rice is the dish you have been looking for. It is simple, you don’t need rare ingredients or complicated techniques to create a fantastic dish, it is healthy -just the right amount of carbs and protein in a single dish-, and you won’t spend a lot of time in its preparation, which makes it perfect for your breakfasts or dinners.
Honestly, you have no excuse to prepare this quick and tasty egg fried rice recipe easy that we have prepared just for you!
How to make Egg Fried Rice
Take note of this rice recipe to turn your dinners, or any meal, into delicious, healthy, and, especially, satisfying moments.
- 1 ½ cup (about 350g) of rice
- 1 egg.
- ½ leek.
- ½ cup (about 150ml) of extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt to taste.
- First, wash the rice well with plenty of water under the tap to remove the starch it contains and cook it more loosely.
- Now take a saucepan full of water and pour a dash of oil along with a pinch of salt.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Once done, drain the well so that no water remains.
- In a large frying pan (or better, a wok), heat some oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, add the rice and sauté a little, stirring constantly.
- While the rice is cooking, proceed to beat the egg until it thickens a little.
- Add the egg to the pan with the rice and stir well to help mix both ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir until the egg sets.
- Now finely chop the leek, add it to the rice and then let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- When the leek begins to turn brown, remove it from the heat.
- Let it rest for a minute, grate some Parmesan cheese on top, and serve hot.