C is for cookies – and that’s good enough for us! Not only are these tantalizing treats the most dependable desserts we know, they are also the most diverse. You can include any ingredient you dream of when you endeavor to design the perfect cookie. Depending on what entices and intrigues you, only the culinary sky is your luscious limit. Innkeeper Amy Dolan at Sage Hill Inn Above Onion Creek in Kyle, TX proves an adventurous spirit in gourmet goodness is a great trait to have with her heavenly Cranberry Hootycreek Cookies. This romantic country inn and spa spans 100 acres in Texas Hill Country and features lavish accommodations, stunning views, and porches ideal for relaxation and taking it all in. Celebrated for their delicious three-course dinner and full hot breakfast with signature fresh squeezed orange juice, it’s no surprise decadent recipes are a house specialty.
Another fine cookie option that features cranberries are Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti. Topped with a white chocolate glaze, they are amazing.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter, then add sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour mixture and oats, then cranberries, chips and nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- . Be sure to store them in a dry glass container at room temperature to help maintain freshness.