The holidays have ended, and the real world has beckoned. This means getting dinners together for the family. Unfortunately, time is of a premium these days, so the planning, cooking, and shopping for meals are difficult.
In the midst of getting the car fixed and a trip to the bank, I made a quick stop to the local grocery store. As I entered the store, I had no plan of what I was going to make, and just started walking up and down the aisles. After a quick perusal of the meat section and seeing that stew beef was on sale, I decided to make a soup/stew.
- 1.5 lbs. beef stew meat2 medium onions, chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped
- 1 large can of beef broth (64 oz)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 T . of dried oregano
- .5 Tb. of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of sage
- black pepper to taste
- Brown the stew meat in a frying pan. Cooking it to about medium (pink in the middle).
- Combine the browned meat and all of the other ingredients in a crock pot.
- Set the crock pot on high and allow it to simmer at least 4 hours.
- Serve piping hot!