If you’re wondering what can possibly be “gourmet” about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, just check out this recipe. It has a definite French feeling, between the French toast base and the Pinot grape jelly (Pinot Noir grapes are not just for wine making anymore). The crunchy peanut butter is, granted, very North American, but you can always call it beurre d’arachide croquant, as one side of the label says here in Canada. This is one of many lunch dishes at Stone Chalet Bed and Breakfast Inn in Ann Arbor, MI, which offers many special amenities for business gatherings.
- Pre-cooked French toast pieces made from Challah bread
- All natural crunchy peanut butter
- Pinot grape jelly
- 1. Microwave your French toast slice for 30 seconds
- 2. Apply about a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
- 3. Add pinot grape jelly (or your favorite preserves)
- 4. Enjoy!