Our final Harvest Dinner event is not simply one event but an entire week of dining. Hosted by the SJ Hot Chefs (AKA South Jersey Independent Restaurant Association), Fall Harvest Week will take place from October 30th through November 4th. With more than thirty independently owned restaurants participating, it is sure to be an amazing week of food.
Each restaurant that participates will serve a four-course dinner, which will include a variety of locally sourced ingredients. Some of the menu items available from these restaurants include:
- Stuffed Bell Pepper- sweet sausage, fontina cheese, roasted tomato
- Fall Harvest Vegetable Misto Fritti- mushrooms, eggplant & zucchini with parmesan dust & dipping sauce
- Blackbird romaine, parmesan tuille, fresh squeezed lemon
- Pumkin Risotto- creamy imported Vialone rice, roasted local pumpkin, braised boneless duck
- Brick-oven Baked Dorade- served with spaghetti squash tossed with Swiss chard, leeks and topped with marinated tomatoes
- Enchiladas de Pipian- tortillas stuffed with pulled chicken breast and topped in a pumpkin seed sauce
- Stuffed Poached Bartlett Pear with Bruled Vanilla Creme Anglaise and Minted Pear Salsa
- Hot Spiced Apple Cider & Made to Order Apple Cider Donuts
Besides being a culinary delight, the dinners also are a great value. A Fall Harvest dinner is priced at thirty-five dollars. However, at some restaurants, it is only twenty-five dollars for a fresh and delicious meal! Plus, diners who complete a comment card after the meal will receive a ten dollar certificate that can be used at a future meal.
With such great menu items available at such an amazing price, this is sure to be another well attended event. “Coming off of an extremely successful Farm to Fork Week, we are thrilled to bring the community yet another opportunity to discover everything that South Jersey has to offer in local dining,” said Fred Kellermann, president of the South Jersey Independent Restaurant Association and Chef/Owner of Elements Café in Haddon Heights, NJ. “Autumn in South Jersey is a unique time for food and this gives us the chance to share some of our favorite seasonal specialties.”