Most of my family enjoys cinnamon in our breakfast treats. Cinnamon rolls, cinnamon marbled quick bread, these are recipes I have shared previously. Although today’s recipe is the newest to Think Tasty, it actually is a recipe that I have used for the longest time. It really is quite simple to make, if you enjoy making yeast breads. Served slightly warm with some butter, it is an absolute delight.
This recipe makes one loaf of bread. If this recipe is served as breakfast on a morning when multiple people are home, you may need to double it. On a recent Sunday, I made a single loaf, and it disappeared within 15 minutes. I should have known better; there are several healthy appetites in my house. Never mind that leftover cinnamon bread would not ever be an issue.
For an extra delicious start to a quiet morning, give this a try.
- 1 batch white bread dough
- 1 Tb. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- After the bread dough has completed the first rising, transfer to a floured surface. Roll into a 9×114-inch rectangle. Brush butter evenly over the top of the dough.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, then sprinkle over butter.
- Starting at a narrow end, roll dough tightly. Pinch dough to seal the seam.
- Transfer to a greased 9×5 loaf pan. Cover and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free area for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and dough sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.