People often talk about a favorite bite of food, that perfect combination of flavors that delights your taste buds. If you enjoy deviled eggs and BLT sandwiches, this appetizer is that perfect bite. Shared with us by Andon-Red Inn Bed and Breakfast, it makes a wonderful munchy for almost any occasion or time of day. Whether you’re looking for a Saturday afternoon snack or a dish to share at a cookout, these eggs are certain to be enjoyed.
This recipe is simple and doesn’t require much time. However, it is important to have your eggs hard-boiled hours before you need to make the recipe, so that they can be peeled easily.
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled plus more for garnish, if desired
- 2 cherry tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tb. dried parsley flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Halve the eggs lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and add them to a medium bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and stir in the mayonnaise, bacon, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste, and blend well.
- Fill the egg whites evenly with the yolk mixture and garnish with bacon, if desired.
- Arrange them in a container and store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- until ready to serve.