With the week of vacation ending, a healthy diet is required. Too many mornings of full breakfasts and too many nights of large dinners have encouraged me to return to my usual healthy eating.
Never having been a person who is able to skip meals, I always eat breakfast. Sometimes it is simply a bowl of cereal, but quite often I crave something different. It needs to be something easy to make, filling, and not calorie-laden. A favorite choice of mine is a breakfast wrap.
I find breakfast wraps to be a perfect breakfast choice. I can use an assortment of ingredients in this meal, and it is quick to prepare. Plus, it is a tasty, hold in your hand as you rush out the door sort of meal. Additionally, the clean-up for this meal is quite simple, which aids in the rush out the door part of the meal.
- 1/2 wrap (I prefer the low carb variety.)
- 2 egg whites or 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 2 Tb. salsa
- 2 Tb. mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray a small microwave-safe plastic bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place egg or egg substitute in bowl. Add salsa and whisk to combine.
- Cover with a paper towel and cook on high in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Remove bowl and whisk. Return to microwave, cook for 20 seconds, and whisk.
- When eggs are set and no longer wet, place on wrap.
- Top with mushrooms and cheese, and fold wrap like a burrito.
- Additional ingredients can be used, such as onions, peppers, tomatoes, or spinach.