When one thinks of summer, soup is probably not the first dish that comes to mind. Typically soup is aligned with a pot simmering on the stove on a cold winter day. However, soup doesn’t have to be a dish served hot. There are many soups that are perfectly delightful and chilled. This week we will be introducing you to some new summer soup recipes.
Before we get to the new recipes, let’s take a peek in the Think Tasty archives.
- Chilled Cucumber Gazpacho– This soup is a perfect use for all of the cucumbers overflowing your garden. Crisp and tangy, it’s a delightful summer soup.
- Beach Gazpacho– The second gazpacho in the collection, this soup has a sweeter essence due to the addition of pineapple and mango.
- Cherry Soup– The next three soups all have a fruit-forward flavor in common. This one is the most time-consuming, as the cherries have to be pitted, but it is the worth the effort.
- Nectarine Soup– This fruit-based soup is easier than the previous recipe, as there’s less prep work involved. Wait until nectarines are on sale at your grocery store, and give this recipe a try!
- Strawberry Soup– The simplest of the three fruit soups, this requires no pitting or peeling. Although local strawberries would be great, frozen would work in a pinch.