A pan-full of cheesy, spinach-filled happiness awaits you!
Today’s recipe is savory instead of sweet. However, when these spinach squares are served, they disappear as quickly as a plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.
I received this recipe from my mom, who was given it by her dear friend Jean. Jean was quite the hostess who made wonderful dishes, and this recipe is no different.
The beautiful thing about this recipe is that it only requires one bowl for mixing and then bakes in a 13×9 pan. The hardest part about making this snack is waiting for the squares to cool enough to be cut for serving.
I made a batch last night when we had the company of a high school friend and her family. Although there were only seven of us munching on snacks, the platter of spinach squares disappeared in under 30 minutes. Obviously, there were a hit again!
To read the Day 5 recipe, click: White Chocolate-Irish Cream Fudge.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen spinach, thawed & well drained
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine eggs, flour, milk, salt, baking powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add cheese and spinach, and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13×9 pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top becomes golden brown.
- Cool slightly, and cut into squares.