Editor’s note: Food brings people together! And this week, Think Tasty and Glamour Cow are trading recipes.
This recipe is courtesy of Marisa, who is one of Glamour Cow’s food writers, as well as being a home cook, specializing in raw & vegan recipes. To find more of Marisa’s scrumptious meals & treats, check out Glamour Cow.
I love dishes where you can go from cooking, baking, or preparing right to the table. Plu,s how adorable are individual portioned meals! I think they make such a gorgeous and elegant presentation. Since this was just for my husband, I used two 12-ounce dishes and one 20-ounce dish making two great meals for him. For smaller portions I would recommend using four 10-ounce ramekins/dishes, as this recipe should make 4 portions. This was such a super easy and quick recipe to put together, and sometimes I really appreciate that!
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles, drained and patted dry
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups plain soymilk (or skim milk)
- 6 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat ramekins with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Equally divide green chiles, corn and scallions among the ramekins. Top each with cheese.
- Whisk milk, egg whites, eggs and salt in a medium bowl until combined.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among the ramekins.
- Bake the mini casseroles until the tops begin to brown and the eggs are set, about 35 minutes for 10-ounce ramekins, 40 minutes for 12-ounce dishes, and 1 hour for 20-ounce dishes.