The girls’ sleepover was a huge success the other night. My friend arrived at 6:00, and we enjoyed a yummy dinner of salad on my deck. It could have been a very leisurely dinner, except that a downpour arrived at the end of the meal, quickening our return to the house.
After our hasty retreat, it was time to make some beverages for our evening. Being that it was a warm summer evening, lemonade seemed like the beverage of choice. Of course, we’re both adults and neither of us needed to drive, so something with a little more kick seemed appropriate. Thus, we created our own lemonade recipe.
Between our lemonade, espinaca, and great conversation, the night rushed by. Before we knew it, Wednesday had ended, and we were a few hours into Thursday. There had been many good stories, some that made us laugh and some that made us blush. Definitely a successful girls’ night!
- raspberry vodka
- lemonade (made according to directions and chilled)
- marachino cherries
- Put enough ice into a highball glass to fill it halfway.
- Pour 3 ounces of raspberry vodka into the glass.
- Add enough lemonade to fill the glass.
- Place one or two cherries (and a little juice) into the glass.
- Stir well. Enjoy!