An elegant evening was planned as a surprise for last night, a sort of pre-holiday relaxing evening. A babysitter was hired for the kids and a kid gourmet meal of mac & cheese was served. While the children dined on their fine food, the two of us got dressed in more formal attire for dinner at an upscale dining establishment.
The meals at our destination were excellent. However, after a 4-course meal, I was unable to finish my meal. The waitress graciously packed my remaining lamb chops for me to enjoy at home. Unbeknownst to me at that time, this was the start of a romantic dinner idea.
Pondering what to do with my lamb, I thought about ways to incorporate it into a dish. A wrap seemed like an excellent use for the lamb. The obvious decision was to prepare it in a Greek fashion. A homemade feta dressing and some lettuce and the wrap would be complete. A tasty finale to the previous evening’s meal.
- 1/4 cup sour cream1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 wraps (I prefer flax, oat bran, & whole wheat)4 leaves curly head lettuce
- 1/2 lb. lamb chops, cooked
- Combine sour cream, cucumber, feta, dill weed, and garlic salt in a blender.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Cut both wraps into fourths. Cut lettuce leaves in half, and place each half on a wrap.
- Cut lamb into bite-sized pieces, and place on lettuce.
- Sprinkle desired amount of feta on each wrap. Drizzle with feta dressing.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, if desired. Fold 2 sides, and roll in opposite direction.
Shop for all of These Ingredients At Home with Safeway