On a recent trip to our favorite grocery store, my dinner companion and I decided to check out all the varities of chicken sausage. We noticed an odd flavor sausage: mango chicken sausage. As we were commenting on its uniqueness, a clerk at the store mentioned that it made an excellent Hawaiian pizza. We were intrigued and purchased a package.
After a busy day at work filled with meetings for the grownups and action games for the kids, a simple dinner of homemade pizza was the perfect choice for tonight. We used store-bought pizza dough, and everyone got to make their own pizzas, keeping both adults and children satisfied. To coordinate with the adults’ Hawaiian theme, skewers of cantaloupe and pineapple were made and served as a side dish.
- 1 lb. pizza dough ball
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 links mango chicken sausage
- 16 oz. can pineapple chunks
- Preheat oven to 450◦. Place pizza stone in oven to begin heating.
- Roll pizza dough into a 12 inch circle.
- Spread barbecue sauce on top of crust, leaving a 1/2 inch crust around the edge. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on sauce.
- Slice sausage into 1/2 inch slices and place on cheese.
- Drain pineapple very well, pressing gently in a collander to remove excess moisture.
- Place pineapple on pizza.
- Put pizza on stone and cook for 10 – 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Shop for all of These Ingredients At Home with Safeway
A Product for You to Review: