Where I live, we handle winter a lot better than summer — we’re much more used to winter. Lately, it’s been too hot even for coffee or tea at breakfast. That’s the kind of day when our thoughts turn to breakfasts like this. Though this sorbet is much like ice cream, the creaminess comes from ripe bananas — and coconut milk, which, like most of the ingredients, comes out of a can. You don’t need an ice cream maker; your freezer does the work overnight. If you’d like a getaway that’s also quick and easy to plan, try this recipe’s home, 10 Fitch in Auburn, New York.
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 6 oz can frozen OJ concentrate
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 7 oz can Mango nectar
- 1 Cup water
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 ripe medium size bananas
- Put all ingredients into blender or food processor and combine until smooth. Transfer to 2-qt. covered freezer container. Freeze overnight. Remove 15 minutes before serving and place two small scoops in your prettiest stemware to serve. Makes 9-12 servings
- This is a wonderful, refreshing summertime treat that we serve as a first course. Very easy to make and our guests love it.