I love bagels. I just love them, specifically toasted. And with cream cheese. They are so delicious when they are still hot and the cream cheese starts to melt on them. My favorite flavor is salt bagels, and they are delicious with plain cream cheese, but sometimes that gets a little boring. So, I decided to make a vegetable cream cheese to see how it tasted with my mom’s yummy salt bagels. It tasted like heaven on a hot bagel. The sweet crunchy carrots with the tangy, slightly spicy chives against the salty, hot, soft, crunchy bagel is incredible.
A lot of people think of vegetable cream cheese as the health nut cream cheese. The cream cheese that only work out aholics eat because if they are going to use cream cheeses they should at least get in a few vegetables. Sometimes even the outcast of all the cream cheeses. Well guess what, it’s not! It is just as delicious as the other cream cheeses, and it is actually healthier.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 C of cream cheese
- 5 baby carrots
- 3 chives
- 3 scallions
- freshly cracked sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Put cream cheese in a bowl and stir until softened. Take the carrots and chop them into small cubes.
- Cut length wise twice and then cut width wise in small half centimeterish cuts. Mince all of the scallions and chives into pieces about as long as the carrots pieces.
- Stir well. Add freshly cracked sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- If available, use fresh cracked pink peppercorns as well. Spread on a toasted bagel and enjoy.
- Interesting fact: pink peppercorns are not actually peppers, like black pepper is.
- Pink peppercorns are actually a dried berry harvested in may from Brazil. They are also known as “baies roses”.
- They are quite satisfying with their sweet, fruity tang and their spicy flourish after each bite.