With so much ripe produce in season right now, it’s a great time to use fresh ingredients. Quite often I stop by a local farm stand to peruse what looks delicious and work it into that night’s dinner. For us, peaches are in season, and thus I have been using them in different ways: grilled and served as a side dish or cooked into a chutney to serve with cheese and crackers. This peach salsa recipe, provided to us courtesy of Berry Springs Lodge in Sevierville, Tennessee, will add summer-sweet freshness to your meal.
- 2 cups fresh peaches, diced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tb. honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tb. fresh lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, cover and chill at least 1 hour. Great served over chicken, fish or pork.