It’s New Year’s Eve, one of the most festive evenings of the year. However, I almost always have preferred to stay home. Not needing to leave the house guarantees several things. First, I (and maybe some assorted family members) will be making the dishes, so I know exactly what will be on the menu. Second, I can set the evening’s schedule, so that food is ready when we want, as opposed to what the overflow crowd at the bar or restaurant dictates. Third, I don’t need to be concerned driving home in the early morning hours, wondering who else is on the road with me.
Rather than presenting a new recipe for today, I thought I would provide a handful of appetizer recipes from 2012 that may be just the dish you’re seeking, whether you’re staying in or traveling to a house party.
- Blue Cheese & Dates- For a divine combination of sweet and salty that is simple to make try this spread with some festive crackers.
- Leek & Goat Cheese Mini-Tarts- A bite-sized appetizer that can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
- Sweet Cheese-Filled Strawberries- Another bite-sized munchy that has the delightful mix of sweet and savory.
- Warm Bruschetta Dip- Cold winter night, hot melted cheese; need I say more?
- Steak & Cheese Pockets- Take a favorite sub filling and place it inside an eggroll wrapper, and you are certain to have a party favorite.
However and wherever you celebrate the New Year, I hope you have a joyful and safe evening!