Whenever I read the current Best B&B Bites recipe, I think about how it could fit into my menu. Quite often with the breakfast dishes, I figure that they would work well on a weekend morning. However, this recipe for Ham & Cheese Cups seems like a dish that could be made on a weekday. Although it does need 30 minutes of baking time, it seems that if I made the cups and put them in the oven first thing, it would fit into our morning schedule. Requiring minimal prep work and cleaning, it seems like a nice midweek breakfast treat.
Provided by The Heartstone Inn & Cottages in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, it looks like a great dish to start the day.
- 6-12 slices square sandwich ham
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz. plain yogurt
- 2 Tb. fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 6 custard cups or muffin tins and place on cookie sheet.
- Line each greased cup/tin with 1 or 2 slices of ham and divide onions and 1 cup cheese between cups.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and yogurt until well blended and pour over cheese in each cup. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cups/tins and serve.