If you ask me, ice cream does not have a “season”. You can eat it all year long. I don’t care if it’s winter, I’m still gonna eat it. It’s even better when it is homemade. I love a decadent sundae the best. And with all the fixings. I like the hot fudge and nuts and sprinkles and cherry and whipped cream. Some people prefer butterscotch sauce, but I dislike it. I do like caramel sauce, though. However, I only like it when it has chocolate fudge with it. Any ice cream flavor will do, but mint chocolate chip is my favorite.
- 1 half gallon of your favorite ice cream
- jar of chocolate fudge
- 1 cup of nuts
- chocolate whipped cream (recipe below)
- four maraschino cherries
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Put two to three scoops of ice cream into four bowls. Heat the chocolate fudge for about thirty seconds in the microwave and drizzle a couple spoonfuls over each bowl of ice cream.
- If you want to add caramel or butterscotch as well, by all means do.
- Chop the nuts and sprinkle between the bowls evenly. Divide the whipped cream between the bowls evenly as well.
- Sprinkle as much of the sprinkles as preferred over all of them and top with a cherry.
- Chill a large metal bowl for at least 30 minutes. Then pour in heavy cream.
- Add in cocoa powder and sugar. Whip it until it is stiff. (This will be a great arm workout.)
- Be careful not to whip it too much because it will churn and turn into butter.
- Chocolate butter does not taste good. You can tell it does this when it starts to get lightly lumpy.
- You only want to whip to the point that when you lift the whisk out of the bowl the whipped cream pulls to a peak out of it and stays as a peak.
Please comment with your favorite toppings below!(: