I may not be a big fan of chocolate desserts, but all four of my children are. Cookies, cakes, ice cream, they adore those in chocolate form. I know they aren’t unique in their love of chocolate. Whether at a get-together or restaurant, I am used to seeing a dessert selection that is chocolate heavy, much to the pleasure of most of the guests.
This recipe is even better than a typical chocolate dessert, as it is gluten-free. Provided to us courtesy of Deutsche Strasse Bed and Breakfast, they make a delightful dessert or late afternoon indulgence and are sure to please many!
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries, whipped cream, fudge topping.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease all mini-bundt indentations of a “muffin pan” of 12.
- In the top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan – fill only 10 of the indentations to get a proper size. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Mini-cakes may be reheated for 10 seconds in the microwave before serving with fudge topping and whipped cream and garnished with fresh strawberries or raspberries.